It’s a fine line – to exercise or not. Outside, the sun lowering, the bank of clouds dulling the light, the day almost over. Yet at the computer, such lethargy inside it seems a bike ride is the only cure. I don’t ring Bartali. If we go together it’s a much tougher ride and I’m […]
A fine, warm day, for this time in winter, and the tussocks in my garden beginning to stir with the breeze. “Where do you want to ride?” Bartali asks. “Up Lockhart’s Hill and back,” I say, without any thought to wind direction. On the slight uphill rise to the top of the valley the wind […]
Less than three hours of sleep for me after nightshift and Bobet rings me. “Do you want to come out on the bike for half an hour?” “I thought you’d already been on the bike?” “I’ve come back to see if you want to come out.” Hard to say no to that dedication. Even without […]
I wanted to begin this blog two years ago when I started cycling. I thought I could cover the build up from new cyclist to competing at Nationals. Last year I did make it to a few club races, took part in the 100km round Lake Dunstan and ended the season as senior woman champion. […]
Jillian Sullivan writes fiction and non-fiction for children, teenagers and adults. Her work has been published for over twenty years and includes four novels, three collections of short stories and over sixty short stories for children and adults, published in New Zealand and America.
- Cycling Central Otago – Day 20: Hoar Frost June 5, 2018
- Cycling Central Otago – Day 19: Sun May 22, 2018
- Cycling Central Otago – Day 18: Autumn Inspiration May 9, 2018
- Cycling Central Otago – Day 17: Golden Days February 16, 2018
- Cycling Central Otago – Day 16: On the trail October 22, 2017
- Bill Sutton: Love that wood pile! Very Central. And sure hope t...
- Lily: Your love, love of beauty, simplicity, divinity wi...
- daver: nice work, guys...
- Mx Downey: I have just ordered your beautifully written book ...
- Jerry Young: Just learned about your DIY green house and felt a...